The Release Manager will be responsible for planning, scheduling, and coordination of releases across business and technical solutions supporting the enterprise for all our end-to-end processes. Releases can be inclusive of new solution implementations, updates to existing solutions, operating system patches, security improvements, and hardware installs and upgrades.
- Develop common strategies for release governance processes and practices to support the solution lifecycle for all enterprise system capabilities
- Establish consistent release management processes and KPIs, including an enterprise-wide release calendar to provide a common centralized view of all releases
- Coaches and supports the on-going education of the IT teams and IT leaders, as required, to drive and maintain adherence to defined release governance standards and objectives.
- Proactively plan the release windows across projects and programs within the portfolio by coordinating with program/project/portfolio managers and solution and technical leaders to review proposed release scope across all business and technical solutions
- Work with release content owners to understand key business, system, and/or technology interdependencies in addition to back-out/contingency plans
- Maintains the release schedule for all core services and ensure alignment across key internal and external partner and vendors.
- Coordinate assessment of risks and issues which affect release scope, schedule and/or quality
- Measure and monitor progress to ensure release scope is delivered on time and meets or exceeds defined quality stage gate criteria
- Conduct Release Readiness reviews and Milestone Reviews as well as Weekly Release Reporting
- Participate in implementation activities including the execution of the deployment plans and checklists.
- Develop standards, scripts and automation tools used to build, integrate, and deploy software releases to various platforms
- Participate in change board meetings to discuss release scope and/or roadblocks
- Maintains a release repository and manages key information such as build and release procedures, dependencies, and notification lists
- Researches new software development and configuration management methodologies and technologies and analyzes their application to current configuration management needs
- Conduct release retrospectives to identify what went well, what didn't go well, and areas of improvement
- Bachelor’s degree related to Information Systems, Business or other relevant academic discipline with a minimum 8 years job experience in IT
- 3-5 years of previous release management experience
- Advanced knowledge of software development lifecycle
- Formal training in project management practices for both waterfall as well as Agile/DevOps methodologies
- Experience working with 3rd party vendors / service providers across a solution landscape
- Expected to complete projects within specified deadlines
- Expected to work occasional weekends, holidays, overtime, or a variety of shifts, when needed, to meet deadlines
- Ability and willingness to travel by auto and air as needed to achieve business objectives
- Exhibits ability to work both in a team environment and independently
- Strong analytical, organization, time management, facilitation, and process management skills
- Demonstrated high level of written, verbal and interpersonal skills to communicate technical and non-technical information, ideas, procedures and processes.
- Able to work in a fast-paced, changing environment, and with all levels of the organization and cope with rapidly changing information
- Ability to evaluate and negotiate priorities and adapt to new/evolving individual and team assignments as adjustments are needed.
- Ability to effectively communicate to all levels of an organization how current trends and technology can address identified business needs and capabilities
- Interact and deal effectively with all levels of employees while maintaining a professional manner; willingness and effectiveness in challenging the status-quo.
- Maintains a positive work environment through teamwork & conflict resolution
Relocation assistance is available with this position.
This position offers a complete benefit package, including 401K/ESOP, pension, health, life and dental insurance.
Requires the successful completion of applicable pre-employment drug screen, medical questionnaire and a background check.